SHADOWFFD, SHADOWDBR & Edit File Field Description
"Shadow File Field Descriptions, Shadow DataBase Relations & Edit the
File Field Descriptions"
This tool displays a easy to see physical or logical file field layout.
- Version 1.3 and higher comes with the ability to edit the field
description without having to re-create the physical file
and re-compiling all dependent programs.
To use this new feature you must have a full licensed version of ShadowFFD.
To activate this feature place the cursor over the field you want to Edit
and press Enter.
If the Copyright Shadow Software, Inc. 2001 is displayed then you will be
able to press F6 and edit the Text and the 3 column headings.
- The Edit ability will allow a MIS Dept to correct all or some of the
A) Wrong Description.
B) Incorrect spelling.
C) Have changed what the Real value is in the File and Description no longer
D) The Column Headings and the Text do not match making it a problem
when viewing fields between QRY, DBU, DFU, DSPFLD,
EZVIEW and other such utilities.
- View Key Lists and Dependent Files.
- Search by Field Name or Field Description.
- This tool will display the Field size and also the Actual size taken up by
the field in the Data Base.
- Detail Window to display detail
information on selected Field.
- F1 - Help.
- F2 - Activates the Pull Down Menu. This menu has Info on Version and
Product ID and License Info.
- F3 - Exit
- F5 - Refresh data displayed on the Screen.
- F8 - Executes the AS/400 RunQry Command for the displayed file and allows
selection of records.
- F11 - Will display the Reference File, Reference Library, Reference
Format, and the Reference Field data.
- F12 - Cancel and Exit Tool
- F13 - This will sort the fields in alphabetical order. Press F13
again to sort in file sequence.
- F16 - When pressed and something is in the Field Name: area the list will
be positioned to the closet match
Desc: area used and F16 pressed then the list be subsetted with any field
descriptions that match the description entered
- F17 - This will execute ShadowDBR tool and display *ALL dependent logical
files if the displayed file is a PF (Physical File).
Displayed file is a LF (Logical File) then F17 will display the Key list for
the displayed file.
- F21 - This will bring up a AS/400 Command Line Window.
Click HERE to
[Support] [Products & Services]
Download] [Order License Code] [Contact Info]
Copyright © 2001 Shadow Software, Inc.
ShadowSoftware.net is a registered trade mark of Shadow Software, Inc.